Monday, June 8, 2009

Today's Thrifty Treasures

Today is Monday and you know what that means. Yep, Today's Thrifty Treasures over at Southern Hospitality! I love sharing my yard sale finds and seeing what YOU found, as well. Is it the thrill of the hunt? Or the excitement of finding something you didn't even know you wanted? Both? Whatever it is, I love it! Here are a few of the things I got this weekend. One of these days I'll remember to take my camera so I can share some of the things I didn't get!



We found these pictures at the first place we stopped. They were marked $3 each, but we got both for $5. Have no idea where they'll end up, but I love the colors.


This $5 frame was at the same sale. It's huge and beautiful. Can't decide if I'll use it as is, or do something else with the frame itself.



Can you ever have enough throws? I can't apparently. $4 for both of these beauties. The green one is chenille and will go on the white wicker chair in my bedroom. The other is heavier (I don't know fabrics--maybe a damask?) and has that glorious fringe. It's gonna stay right where it is--on my grandfather's rocker in my office. It's the only piece of furniture I have of his and is very precious to me.


These didn't photograph very well, but both are metal and very heavy--especially the candlestick which was only 50 cents. Don't have a home for it yet, either. The planter was $1 and will go in the main bathroom. I had originally thought I'd paint it white, but most everything else in there is white, so I'm thinking not for a little variety.



I also found half a dozen or so paperbacks for my granddaughter, but forgot to get a picture before she took them home. Pippi Longstocking, Princess School, and Magic School Bus. Six of them wound up being FREE after my hubby dickered a bit. They came from the same seller as the frames. I paid 10 cents for one book at another sale.

So, show us! What'd ya get??

9 comments:

DKG aka Scrappy Doo said...

You can NEVER have enough throws
:-}

Unknown said...

Love all the great finds! we had a garage sale friday...I actually enjoy having sales I get to visit with so many unique people as they browse through my stuff with excitiment making me wonder why i am getting of it...lol

The Tattered Cottage said...

Beautiful finds! I love the two pics! And no, you can never have too many throws :) I have about 15 or 20 !!
Toni

Eric and Rozanne said...

I love looking at your yard sale finds! It makes me want to head out to the sales! I really like the planter basket.

Unknown said...

Fabulous Finds! I especially like the framed art...great price!

Thanks for sharing!
Tina

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

That planter looks just like a Southern Living at Home one I bought for my aunt's Christmas gift for BIG bucks a few years ago. If it's SL@H, you got a big bargain!! :)

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Beverly, you did great! Love those throws & I'm with you, I've found several of those at yardsales & love them. You really did well with everything this week.

chocdrop said...

What great finds!!! I have not been to a yard sale in years. I used to find many great things especially stuff for my girls when they were younger.

I love the flower pot for the bathroom, very pretty. I would paint it black, to seem like wrought iron. Has a lot of character.

joyh82 said...

great finds. Love the planter and the pottery you found. I am sure the kids will love the books too.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...