My mom died this morning. She held on for a long time, but there was nothing the doctors could do. Yesterday was a long, hard day--just waiting, waiting. I wish I could have been there to hug her one more time and tell her I love her. We didn't have enough time together. We were just getting to know each other. Sometimes life isn't fair. But I'm so very thankful for the years we did have and the relationship we built in a short time. You can read more about our story in this post, if you like. Thanks for your prayers and support.
Monday, February 27, 2012
Wednesday, February 15, 2012
1. George Washington-Abraham Lincoln-Thomas Jefferson...who would you most like to meet and why? Lincoln--I'd ask him about his marriage to Mary Todd and how they dealt with her depression.
2. What's your favorite chain restaurant? O'Charley's--they have some of the best salads! And I could literally drink their honey mustard dressing!
3. I spied this question on the Bears at Home blog last week and she gave me permission to steal
When you look back on your life, do you imagine you'll think about the goals you failed to meet with regret? Or will you look at what you accomplished and say: it was good? At this point in my life, I'm already looking back and regretting the goals I failed to meet.
4. Grapefruit-take 'em or leave 'em? Given the choice between an orange and a grapefruit which would you choose? Would you prefer it served as is or squeezed into juice? Give me an orange--and squeezed into juice, because I'm lazy like that.
5. When was the last time you cleaned out a closet? Is there a closet in your home that currently needs cleaning? What are you waiting for? Can't remember. More than one. Second Tuesday of next week.
6. You get to have lunch with three famous people...who would you like to see round your table? I honestly am not impressed by famous people--especially celebrities. How about Paula Deen (is she doing the cooking?), Sarah Palin, and Trace Adkins (but not to talk, just to sit there and look purty--and maybe sing).
7. On a scale of 1-10 how would you rate your ability to parallel park? -5
8. Insert your own random thought here. Can you tell I'm in a bit of a funk? Maybe it's the time of year. Maybe it's the rain and gloomy weather. Maybe it's just me. That's one of the reasons I haven't posted. Didn't want to inflict my Eeyore-ness on the rest of you. Just been feeling invisible lately.