Rule #1: people who have been tagged must write their answers on their blogs and replace any question that they dislike with a new question formulated by themselves.
Rule #2: tag 4 people to do this quiz and they cannot refuse. these people must state who they were tagged by and cannot tag the person whom they were tagged by. continue this game by sending it to other people.
Tamara tagged me to do this and I can't resist sharing mundane, intimate details of my fascinating life!
1. if you have pets, do you see them as merely animals, or are they members of your family?
We don't have any pets right now--we have grandchildren and small grandchildren at that. I love little dogs and I'm afraid one wouldn't survive around the grandbabies. Darrell likes big dogs. He'd love a Lab or Golden Retriever, while I'd prefer a Yorkie. Inside dogs would be allowed on the furniture, etc, but I'm not so sure about big dogs.
2. if you can have a dream to come true, what would it be?
For my children and grandchildren to live nearby. For them to be able to visit often and grow up together. To be a closer family.
3. what is the one thing most hated by you?
Not sure where you're going with this question. I hate cherries, being cold, worrying about money, my house being a wreck, bad drivers, cigarettes, getting old. Depends on the day and my mood as to what I'm hating the most.
4. what would you do with a billion dollars?
Retire and travel. Buy a bigger house with land so the grandkids could play and explore. Help my kids with school loans and buying a house. Build a homeless shelter in Darrell's dad's name. And have lots of plastic surgery!
5. what helps to pull you out of a bad mood?Chocolate. Cookies. Hot chocolate and buttered toast. Buying something. And finally talking with Darrell. Once I open up to him, things are always better. I should do it sooner, but I have to make sure I'm not upset enough to say anything I might regret.
6. which is more blessed, loving someone or being loved by someone?
Being cherished--which is better than being loved.
7. what is your bedtime routine?Load and start dishwasher. Pick up living room. Use baby oil to remove mascara, wash face with Oil of Olay Regenerist Detoxifying Pore Scrub, then baking soda exfoliation. Moisturize with L'Oreal or Roc or Lancome--whatever I have at the moment. Brush teeth. Use Vaseline on lips and lotion on hands. Brush hair. Sit in hot tub. Cool off by watching TV--news or Golden Girls or MASH. Get lucky. ;-)
8. if you are currently in a relationship, how did you meet your partner?
It's a long story. Can I just refer you to this post?
9. if you could watch a creative person in the act of the creative process, who would it be?
I can't think of an individual, but I love to watch glass being blown. It's amazing!
10. what kinds of books do you read?
It would be easier to tell you what kinds I don't read. I don't like science fiction or fantasy type books. I'm one of the three people in the world who is not impressed by Harry Potter or Twilight. I love mysteries best of all I think. Though biographies run a close second.
11. how would you see yourself in ten years time?
Retired with the house paid off. Surrounded by lots of grandchildren. Traveling with my husband. And looking fabulous because of a facelift and tummy tuck!
12. what’s your fear?Losing a member of my family. Even having faith in eternal life, it's a terrible thing to go through.
13. would you give up all junk food for the rest of your life for the opportunity to visit outer space?I have absolutely no interest or desire to visit outer space, so this is an easy NO!
14. would you rather be single and rich or married, but poor?Another easy one. The latter. Poor isn't so bad when you're with someone you love.
15. what’s the first thing you do when you wake up?Turn on the TV. We keep our bedroom pretty dark and I need the light.
16. if you could change one thing about your spouse/partner what would it be?
I'd make him about 3 inches taller. If I couldn't do that, I'd make his profession one he'd love--like coaching college football or flying helicopters.
17. if you could pick a new name for yourself, what would it be?I don't know that I would--I love my name!
18. would you forgive and forget no matter how horrible a thing that special someone has done?Forgiveness is easy--it's the forgetting that's hard. I have forgiven a very close male family member for things he did when I was a child. Now if I could only forgive myself for a stupid thing I did at age 17, I'd be set.
19. if you could only eat one thing for the next 6 months, what would it be?O'Charley's Pecan Chicken Tender Salad with honey mustard dressing. Love, love, love this salad. Greens, pecans, mandarin oranges, dried cranberries, chicken, etc. Yummy!
Okay, I tag:
Lauren (you knew I would!)
Don't let me down, gals! You know you want to do this!