Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Wednesday Hodgepodge


1. Have you ever been on a real sleigh ride? How about the warm weather version - a carriage ride?
Never on a sleigh ride, but we did a carriage ride through Savannah on our 30th wedding anniversary.  


2. What's your policy on 'chain mail'...you know, the emails you receive that are often some sort of poem/blessing/good wish that ask you to send it on to 10 or 12 friends? Do you delete without opening, read and trash, read and trash and then worry you won't be blessed/lucky/protected? Do you delete the sender from your contacts or just go ahead and send the love onward?
Delete without opening.  Don't believe blessings or luck come that way.



3. Who is your favorite character in any of the Christmas movies and why?  
I love Cindy Lou Who.  She's just so cute and innocent.



4. Share a favorite quote. 
"It's never too late to become what you might have been." 
--George Eliot


5. What's your favorite holiday scent?   
Cedar, fir, pine--tree scents.  Walmart even sells these things you can hang on your tree to replicate that "real tree" smell.



6. Does the Christmas season stress you out? In what way?
Oh, yeah!  All the shopping, decorating, etc.  Despite having a dozen or more boxes of decorations, my house never seems to achieve the "Christmasy" feel and look I'm going for.  I say every year I'm going to start earlier--ask me how that works out for me.  Ummm, not so much.


7. What's the best thing about your life right now? 
My marriage.  It's better and stronger now than ever.

the happy couple leaving after the wedding and reception--April 1976

8. Insert your own random thought here.  
Sleep is a wonderful thing.  You never know how much you miss it till it's elusive.  Saturday night I had a hard time staying asleep.  Muddled through Sunday without a nap so I would be sure to sleep that night.  Good plan, unfortunately it didn't work out.  I woke up at 1:30am and didn't get back to sleep till after 4:30.  Even my tried and true tricks didn't help me.  Yesterday was a crazy day--cleaning, decorating, etc.  Last night I took half an over the counter sleeping pill and had a great night's sleep.  Unfortunately, the effects haven't quite worn off yet and I am fuzzy brained--more so than usual.  Do you have problems falling or staying asleep?  If so, what do you do about it?


5 comments:

Joyce said...

Love that George Eliot quote!

Sleep-midlife does crazy things to the body's ability to get to sleep and stay asleep. I feel your pain for sure. I can generally get to sleep without too much trouble but staying asleep is a whole 'nother story. Sigh.

Jill said...

I love Cindy Lou Who! Occasionally I have trouble sleeping, and when I do, I feel almost desperate the next night to get some sleep. I feel your pain!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

So awesome about your strong marriage. I bet that carriage ride was nice. I will sometimes take a MidNight pill, they work well for me.

Never Enough Orange said...

I like the Grinch, till he turns traitor at the end. Weak sauce. I have problems sleeping as well. Most of them now are Erika's alarms going off starting around 6 and her not getting out of bed till 7. She used to be so good at that. I will have days (or nights) where I don't sleep .

Traylor Family said...

For sleep problems try Valerian Root. It's all natural. It's as potent as Valium without any of the side effects OR the hangover in the morning. It's stinky...but works great!

I definitely feel your pain on that one. My 1 year old is teething 4 molars right now. I'm pretty sure I haven't slept more than 3 hours at a time, although I'm so sleep deprived I couldn't really tell you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...