I am borrowing this Christmas meme from Blooming Lovely who borrowed it from Mom 2 my 3 girls
How we celebrate Christmas:
1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Yes! For me, it has to be Swiss Miss with lots of marshmallows. I'm not much into those flavored kinds. And I love Egg Nog!
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Santa only brought one gift--which was unwrapped under the tree
3. Coloured lights on tree/house or white? I go back and forth on this, but have decided I prefer white lights
4. Do you hang mistletoe? Oh, yes. The first Christmas we were married, I hung mistletoe (the real stuff) from every single doorway.
5. When do you put your decorations up? I'm usually really anxious to put up decorations, but get tired of it and have been known to start taking it down Christmas Day or the day after. So I make myself wait. It's always after Dec 5 though, as that's our 2nd daughter's birthday.
6. What is your favourite holiday dish? Don't know that I have one. My MIL makes a mean coconut cake that I could eat by myself.
7. Favourite Holiday memory as a child? I remember getting a bike when I was nine. That's also the year I stopped believing in Santa. The garage was right under my bedroom and I got woken up by all the commotion of them trying to get the bike around the car and up the stairs. I spent the afternoon riding around in the freezing cold--but it was worth it!
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? See above
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? My husband's extended family comes to our house on Christmas Eve for dinner and Dirty Santa. They also bring gifts for the little kids. We open those and sometimes others depending on schedules. My husband's family always opened gifts on Christmas Eve, while mine did theirs on Christmas Day. The first year we were married, we were in Italy courtesy of Uncle Sam. Darrell bugged and bugged me to open "just one gift" on Christmas Eve. I finally relented and then he declared we should just open them all since we'd started. So that's what we did. Then on Christmas Day we had nothing to do and wound up at the movies!
10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? I have ornaments that were my aunt's and are decades old. There are ornaments that have been on my tree since our first Christmas. And there are things my children have made. Almost every ornament has a history and that's one of my favorite things.
11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? Love looking at it. Like playing in it. Hate driving in it.
12. Can you ice skate? No, never tried.
13. Do you remember your favourite gift? I don't know that I could pick just one. The bike I mentioned above, some diamond earrings, my Roomba
14. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you? Having my family all around me
15. What is your favourite Holiday Dessert? that coconut cake I mentioned before
16. What is your favourite holiday tradition? I don't know that we have any real traditions. That used to bother me, but now that the children are grown and gone, I'm kind of glad we don't. I don't have anything to miss. The first year I had to put the tree up by myself was hard, as the kids and I used to do that together.
17. What tops your tree? an angel
18. Which do you prefer giving or receiving? Love picking out something I know is something they want, then seeing the joy on their face
19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? "What Child Is This?" "Do You Hear What I Hear?" "Mary, Did You Know?"
20. Candy Canes: Yuck or Yum? Definitely yum!
21 Favourite Christmas Show? Charlie Brown Christmas
22. Saddest Christmas Song? The Christmas Shoes. I can never make it through that song without tears.