Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Getting A Little Christmas On

Almost finished decorating.  Whew!  And I am worn out.  But I wanted to take a minute and share with you a few pictures from around the house.  Nothing spectacular, just some favorites.  Hope you'll enjoy and share some of yours, too.


As I had never had a real Christmas tree growing up,  I was really excited to get one the first year Darrell and I were married.  May have gone a little overboard, because we got one that almost reached the ceiling!  


Then we realized we had no ornaments or money to buy enough to cover the tree.  Our solution was to put the tree in a corner and only decorate where we had to.  This little star is one of the ornaments we purchased in Italy.  It has hung on every Christmas tree we've had.

This isn't really an ornament, but belonged to our daughter Shana.  I think it may have been an air freshener for her car--it hung from her rearview mirror.  Now it hangs in a place of honor on our tree.

Darrell is a big Tennessee fan--this is one of several UT ornaments we have.


One of many wooden German ornaments we bought while in Italy.

Daughter Holly and I made these at a church event when she was 12 or so.  That makes this angel about 19!  I love that most of our ornaments have a history.

These two jolly fellows guard the stairway and keep watch over the living room.  Got these at Hancock Fabrics several years ago.  Only paid about $20 for the pair.

And this little door hanger pretty much sums up my attitude for Christmas!  ;-)


9 comments:

Handsome's wife said...

Thank you for sharing. I loved hearing the meaning behind the ornaments. Very special.

Connie said...

What a cute couple, you both look so young and excited for your first Christmas.

I think that is wonderful that you include the Indian headress on your tree to honor your daughter.

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

I love seeing other people's ornaments ... and hearing the stories behind them. Thanks for sharing.

Blessings!

Jo-anne Blossy said...

Your ornaments look lovely. Thanks for sharing the history behind them.

DKG aka Scrappy Doo said...

those pics just say Family to me. I love that!

Mom Mayhem says: said...

Great decorations! Love the star even if it's technically not an ornament it makes for a pretty 1. I also love decorations that have a history -Merry Christmas!

Impulsive Addict said...

Sounds like your decorations hold special memories. Love that!

jennykate77 said...

Neat decorations! I love reading the stories behind them!

Just Wedeminute said...

I love that your ornaments each have a meaning, makes it so special! Merry Christmas!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...