Thursday, September 23, 2010

Big Orange Country

We bleed orange!  At least Darrell does--and I'm trying real hard to.  Anyone who knows us in real life--and some of you who've read this blog for a while--know how much Darrell loves his University of Tennessee Volunteers.  So when my dear friend Audrey and her husband Russ invited us to go with them to a game last weekend, how could we say no!  



Tennessee has a new coach this year--we won't talk about the so and so who flaked out on us last year.  The team is struggling, but they'll come around.  The game we watched was against Florida and we knew we probably wouldn't win (which we didn't), but we still had a good time.  Darrell says everyone should experience a college game in person at least once.  I was hoping the atmosphere would help me appreciate the game and become more of a fan.  Yeah, that didn't happen.  Maybe it was the heat.
 


Because, man, was it hot!  We were sitting in the 95+ degree heat for all but maybe 30 minutes of the game.  You do what you gotta do sometimes!

5 comments:

6L's said...

you look entirely too cute!! you're a trooper for hangin in that heat for something you don't care for, lol! the things we do for love :)

Sharon said...

oh my gosh Darrell looks so cute. You look too thin! Im glad you had a good time I used to love to go to the Marshall games. I will start cheering for TN.

Connie said...

What a good sport you are. I would have wilted in that heat, I don't do hot very well. Glad your hubby had a good time though.

Leah said...

I don't blame you for not wanting to cheer for TN. I of course bleed crimson. Roll Tide Roll!

Eric and Rozanne said...

My hubby is a huge Florida fan, so I try to support his team too. Sorry to say, but I'm sure he was glad Florida won. :) You guys are troopers to endure the heat...you ought to try it again once it's more like jacket weather...it might help you enjoy it more. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...