1. What do you do at the first sign of a cold? Will you get a flu shot this year? Usually take Alka Seltzer Plus. My mother swears by it and it's always worked for me. I'm still on the fence about a flu shot. I work from home and don't have much contact with others. That being said, I do have several little ones around now and two of them are in school, so the exposure factor may go up.
2. What advice can you give about how to conquer fear? Be prepared. Arm yourself with knowledge. Pray.
3. Share two good things about your life right now. Children and grandchildren finally living nearby! The weather is cooling off and being outside is wonderful!
4. A hot fall fashion trend in 2011 is a return to sixties style...tunics with pants, shift dresses, pencil skirts, cinched waists, bold prints, high necklines and short lengths to name a few. How does this fashion trend fit with your wardrobe and personal sense of style? Somewhat. I think my over 50 legs are beyond the short skirt stage. High necklines I can live with--on myself and on others! Think I'll pass on the pencil skirts and cinched waists.
5. Were you involved in scouting as a kid? How about as an adult? I went to one meeting of Girl Scouts. The leader was--shall we say--less than welcoming and I never went back. My kids were in scouts, but other than
buying selling cookies and sending the occasional treat, I wasn't much of a participant.
6. Apple, pear, plum, pumpkin...your favorite fall flavor? Apple--I'll eat an apple just about any way it's cooked. Except cider. That's some nasty stuff.
7. What characteristics do you think are essential in a good teacher? Kindness, patience, firmness without being a bully.
8. Insert your own random thought here. Anybody playing Words With Friends? After all the hubbub about it, I checked it out on Facebook. Uhhh, not such a fan. Pretty slow. What's been your experience?