Monday, July 7, 2008

A Giant Leap Outside My Comfort Zone

We had a wonderful Fourth--made even better because our daughter Lauren and her family came up from Baton Rouge. It's been a whole three months since we got to see Cassidy and Grant! Needless to say, Darrell and I were excited about them being here. Cassidy has been wanting to ride on "Pa's boat" since she saw it back in the winter. So, of course, the plans included a trip to the river. I hadn't planned on going. I am NOT a water person in any sense of the word--well, unless you count drinking it or sitting in the hot tub. However, I got to thinking about all the things my husband goes out of his way to do for me and I decided it was time for me to do something special for him. I had told him earlier this week that I would try to try the tube before the summer was over. (I also asked him not to hold my feet to the fire about it.) This weekend seemed a perfect opportunity.

I have to admit I was a bit nervous a few times, but all in all I had a great time. And watching
Cassidy's excitement was the best part. I want to thank Darrell for holding back and not going as fast as he would have liked and for not weaving and trying to throw us off. I also want to thank Lauren for her instructions on the tube. She helped me know what to expect and what to do. I could never have done it alone!

I'm not saying I've turned into a water baby--but I'll be more willing to get out there now.
I think.

2 comments:

Lauren said...

Hooray for mom! I'm glad you did it. Cassidy was looking at the pictures this morning and loved seeing "Beeba and Mommy non the too".

The Borders said...

It is so cute that Cassidy has been wanting to ride on the boat! It was so nice of you to accompany them! I know it must have made them SO happy! And you got on the tube!!! WOW! Good job Beverly! I never really knew there were instructions for the tube other than to hold on though. Next we will see you on the water skis!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...