Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Easy Post First

Mary at Life in a Small Town blessed me with this award!  Thanks, Mary!  But there are strings attached:
Accept and thank the person who gave it to you! -- check
List 10 things about yourself  -- check
List 5 additional things you DON'T like  -- check
Then pick ten people to give this lovely award to! -- check

1.  I have recently discovered that while I consider myself a dog person, I do not actually want to own a dog.  Found this out after a "friend" forced a puppy on us.  Luckily, we've found it a new home and everyone (including the puppy) is happier now.

2.  I hate to go to the movies.  They usually don't live up to the hype and it's soooo expensive.  I'd rather rent something to watch at home.  If I can sit still that long.

3.  I tend to read several books at once.  Right now, I have four on my end table.  'Almost Home', 'Patriotic Grace', 'Gift of an Ordinary Day', and 'How to Live With an Idiot'. 

4.  I love to go to yard sales and flea markets.  Lately, I've been trying to cut back because my house is starting to burst at the seams.  Last Saturday, I actually had withdrawals.  We live at a busy intersection and people put their signs there.  I almost had to close the blinds so I couldn't see them!

5.  I am a closet soap opera fanatic.  While I don't watch All My Children and One Life to Live anymore, I still check the cable guide every day to see what's going on.  (Sorry, Laura!)

6.  I don't like nuts in my candy--unless it's fudge.  Then it has to have nuts.  But not peanuts.  Don't like those at all, anytime, in anything.

7.  Honey mustard is my favorite condiment.  I could drink the stuff!

8.  I don't like sports--either as a participant or a spectator.  People think I like football, because we always watch the Tennessee Vols play and invite folks over.  I'm not a fan of sports, but I am a fan of my husband--who loves any and all sports.

9.  I hate to fold sheets and so only have two sets--one for winter, one for summer.  I wash them and put them directly back onto the bed.

10.  I collect way too many things.  Santas, Willow Tree angels, Depression glass, creamers, brass, salt cellars, butter pats, etc, etc.


Five Things I Don't Like:
1. Seafood
2. Heights
3. People who run stop signs and redlights
4. Grocery shopping
5. Cats

I now pass the torch to these great bloggers.  No pressure if you don't want to do it.
  I'll try not to be too disappointed. ;-)


1.  Long Winded Lauren
2.  Dance Like Nobody's Watching
3.  Never Enough Orange
4.  Shadycreek Lane
5.  Decisionally Challenged
6.  Building Blockers
7.  A Bundle of Bodens
8.  Bee and Rose
9.  Wall to Wall Walls
10.  The Bass Family


One last thing--Mary also gave me this and I'm passing it to those above as well:


Here's what you do:

1) Go to your photo files, select the 8th photo folder.
2) Select the 8th photo in that folder.
3) Post that photo along with the story behind it.
4) Then challenge 8 blogging friends to do the same!



This was taken off our back deck in January.  A wonderful snow storm that was all too brief!

3 comments:

Never Enough Orange said...

Snow storms should be short as should be winter. I still have the heat on here and they are calling for snow again this week.

6L's said...

fun, fun, fun! i had to laugh about the soap operas. i used to watch the young and the restless and haven't in years, but every once in awhile i have a customer fill me in!

Connie said...

THANKS Beverly for the award. I haven't done the second one yet about the photo's but I will try to get to it today.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...