Friday, October 10, 2008

I've Got to Get Away....













Darrell and I spent last weekend with our very best friends Dale and Kris. Hard to believe we've known them almost 20 years. We always have too much fun together! Dale has quite the quick wit and makes interesting observations that an ordinary person probably wouldn't see. Kris is just one of those people you love to be around. Warm and funny and always smiling or laughing. The picture below is from our trip to Gatlinburg about 18 months ago.


We met in Bryson City, NC and stayed in a beautiful cabin, playing pinochle, eating too much (can you say Jimmie Mac's?), and catching up on kids and grandchildren. We rode the train up into the mountains, which was gorgeous. The leaves were just starting to turn. I won't bore you with a ton of pictures, but will post enough so you can get the gist.


Below is Fontana Lake--usually 10,000 acres of water. Unfortunately, they haven't had any significant rainfall or runoff in the past four years and this is the result. Scary, huh? The water is generally up to the tree line.

2 comments:

6L's said...

Bryson City, huh? That's where we're headed this weekend for a family reunion....my dad's whole family lives there. Wow, Fontana is DRY!!

liz said...

Wow! I knew it was dry but....I just want to say that I'm glad you had a great time but I am very happy you are home! Nice pictures!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...