Saturday, January 31, 2009

Umhhh Umhh

Sorry if my last post sounded terse. What meant to be tongue in cheek actually came out foot in mouth. I'll blame it on this cold I'm getting.

Darrell and I are off this morning to do laundry at the temple. I was told by someone whose credibility is faulty that I have to wear a dress. If I get up there with a skirt on and everyone else is in pants.... Anyway, should be interesting. I've never done laundry at the temple before. Think they'll let me put it in the dryer and come back in a couple of days to get it out and fold it--like I do at home??

Once home, I'm taking a nap!!

6 comments:

The Borders said...

Yeah- you hasve to wear a dress. It makes no sense to me. You even have to wear one if you are going up there to use chemicals and clean the whole place. However, you get to change from your dress into temple clothes once there. I hate getting dressed up just to walk into the building, but I think it is just so that if nonmembers see us going into the temple, we look nice and reverent or something.

Sharon said...

The first paragraph goes for me too.
I know you'll understand what that means.

Unknown said...

Yep, Nicole, had to wear a dress, but then changed into my temple dress. If you ever do laundry, take a book. There's a lot of waiting even though the machines are huge and commercial grade.

It must be up to the temple about what to wear while cleaning. Darrell and I did that a few months ago and wore more casual clothes (though not jeans). A few sisters even had on capris and tennis shoes.

Lee said...

My parents are there every other Saturday and every Tuesday. You were probably bound to run into them some time!

I think my mom is having a harder time with us leaving than she is letting on. Daddy is just more willing to say so I think.

6L's said...

loren and i went to do that once but there was a mix up and the people who were supposed to come the previous week came our week, something about the last sat and it was a 5th not a 4th...anyway, we wore our temple clothes and it worked out b/c we went right into a session dressed and ready to go! :)

6L's said...

oh, and then we came out and stayed another 2 hours to finish the laundry that got started!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...