Friday, June 25, 2010

Early Bird Gets the Worm

Or in this case, the first pickings of a yard sale.  It's not quite 8am and I've already been to one down the street.  Spent $11 and this is what I came home with:

a bin full of legos for $5

a pair of tab top curtains for $1, a UT purse for $1, and 4 books--yep, $1

this lovely bowl for $3
stamped on the back: Sole di Toscana
handpainted and made in Italy

here's a terrible picture (sorry)to show you the size--that's a ruler laying next to it


I'm one of those annoying people who show up half an hour or so before the sale is supposed to start, so they weren't finished putting stuff out.  Think I should go back in a bit?

What's your plan for the weekend?

6 comments:

Lauren said...

I'm jealous of those legos!

Love that plate too.

Traylor Family said...

I didn't know I could go on Friday. But now I want to go tomorrow! Thanks for the reminder!

Nana's Fun Stuff said...

Great finds for this morning and I love that bowl!! Early bird catches the worm and you go girl :) Have a great day! ~ Laura

Sweet Tea said...

I'm not an "early" girl, so I never get the worm! Wah! Wah!
You did GREAT!! Lots of bang-for-your-buck. Love that beautiful plate/bowl.

Handsome's wife said...

I'm not a yard saler but reading your post about it almost inspire me to be.... Great deals.

Eric and Rozanne said...

Love it! Great deal on the Legos and the plate is HUGE! We had some of those people (like you) who showed up early at our last garage sale, and when it was time, they started banging on the garage door. I was almost afraid to open it... :) I know you wouldn't do that though...very true about the early bird. That is probably why I never find anything good! :(

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...