Thursday, June 24, 2010

I'm So Blue



But this time it's a good thing!  Look at these beauties!  I have nine hydrangeas in my front yard--seven of them were given to us when our daughter died.  This is the first year they've bloomed this much.  I've always heard that the soil determines the color of hydrangeas and I'm thinking that must be true.  We planted blue, pink, and purple.  So far we have five blue, one purple, and one sort of in between.  No pink anywhere--but two haven't bloomed at all.  Ever.  So time will tell.  Enjoy.  Oh, and the cicada?  I left his corpse on a stump and he was gone this morning.  Guess a mama bird took him home for her babies.  Bet they thought it was Thanksgiving!









6 comments:

Connie said...

I love Hydrangaeas too. Yours are beautiful, especially in the white pitcher.

Unknown said...

one of my favorites,

I have fake ones in several places in my house.. lol Most people don't know they are fake though,

Your colors are beautiful!.. i have heard about the soil determining the color.. My sis in law hand some almost brown that were supposed to be Pink.

Eric and Rozanne said...

Hydrangeas are one of my favorite flowers. I have had them change color each year sometimes. My one hydrangea is blooming this year too, but it hasn't been getting enough water just lately to look so beautiful. They like cooler weather and a lot of shade. If they get afternoon or full sun, they don't do well...they just wilt. Can you tell I've had that experience. :) In my last yard I think I moved my hydrangea 3-4 times in the 5 years we lived there. I have already moved mine here once in the year since the original planting...I guess I don't learn very quickly...

Lauren said...

How cheerful! I love it!

Auntie sezzzzzz... said...

Hydrangeas are beautiful, but a wee bit on the fussy side. I mean, we had fantastic blooming one year, in front of our front patio. Then, zip. We think we may have gotten some, which don't winter over well.

But over in the front garden, we have some that just keep blossoming every year. ????????

^_^

elaine said...

I've noticed them in your yard when I drive by. They are beautiful! They kind of brightens up the drive.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...