Monday, September 21, 2009

Motivate Me Monday





Thanks to Lauren for letting me know about her Motivate Me Monday!  Hope you'll join in and spread the word.  I'll let her explain the details--so click on that link and let's get started!


It's ironic she should do this today.  After watching the scale creep up over the past few weeks and being unable to squeeze into some of my pants, I have decided it's time to get serious about exercising.  After I'm better at that, I'll incorporate healthier food choices into my diet.  My main problem is finding a workout program I can stick with.  We are fortunate to have a treadmill (a really good one--that's what I asked for and received for our 25th wedding anniversary!), a sauna, a hot tub, a Total Gym, a weight bench and free weights, and countless workout DVDs.  I've got yoga, Yoga Booty Ballet, YOU on a Diet, a couple of The Firm, and several others (including Carmen Electra's Stripper workout).  But I get bored quickly.  Or the instructor drives me crazy (can't stand Denise Austin's voice).  Maybe if I have to report in here, I'll do better.  It always seems to help when you have to report to someone.


My goal is to workout for at least 15 minutes at least 4 days a week.  Surely, I can do that! Right? (Please say yes!)  I have already accomplished my goal for today.  I did the YOU on a Diet intermediate workout and I was astounded at how difficult it was since the last time I tried it.  So not only have I gained weight in places I don't need or want it, but I've lost muscle strength.  One more reason to make this happen!


So, are you on board?  What have you been putting off?  Or maybe you just want to replace a bad habit with a good one.  Let's help each other be successful!

5 comments:

Eric and Rozanne said...

I am always surprised how much harder it is to go back after you've skipped a few weeks or months. :) I'll give it a shot too exercising 4 times a week. I have been very inconsistent lately at exercising.

6L's said...

i'll be rooting for you all! :)

Lauren said...

Maybe you shouldn't stick to the same workout all the time. Mix it up a bit and do what you feel like doing. If that doesn't work, narrow it down to three things the night before and make yourself pick from that.

Maybe I'll get you some roller blades for Christmas. I think that might be the only workout thing you DON'T have! :)

Good luck, and thanks for participating with me.

Traylor Family said...

count me in! i stepped on the scale this morning and realized that i have about 60 pounds to lose! yikes. im sure i just dropped a good 7 pounds 5 ounces with the arrival of my little man, that only leaves what.... appx 52 pounds. hahaha. give me a few weeks, and i'm jumping on board with motivate me monday!

Let it Shine said...

Good for you! I am with you, having an accountability partner (the blog) will make you more motivated and more likely to do it!

P.S. Thank you for pointing that out on my post (about non-drinkers), I edited it to add maybe covering a bell jar or a glass jar, with a dry recipe or hot coco mix. Thanks again. Good luck!

Alyshis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...