Saturday, April 4, 2009

Classic Movie Alert!!

I have to post something to get that awful picture of nasty feet off the top of my screen. Every time I pull up my blog, there they are in full, disgusting color!

So here ya go: another movie alert for TCM. Remember these times are Eastern. Make adjustments for wherever you are.

Tomorrow at 7am That Hamilton Woman is showing. Vivien Leigh and Laurence Olivier are so good together. The relationship they had in real life definitely comes through on the screen.

Then tomorrow night at 5 the original Yours Mine and Ours will air. This one stars Lucille Ball (in one of her final movies) and Henry Fonda. One of my favorite scenes is their trip to the grocery. Seeing cart after cart of food rung up and then hearing the total blows me away! You'll see lots of others who later became stars themselves--either on TV or in movies. Look for Max Klinger of MASH (the TV version) and George Carlin, among others.

Monday April 6 at 7pm, you can catch The Wild One with Marlon Brando. This is back in his heyday when he was young and fiiiiine.

And just so I don't forget, next Saturday the 11th at 2:15am Rebecca will air. This is the film adaptation by Alfred Hitchcock of Daphne Du Maurier's novel.

All these movies are well worth the time spent watching them. Something I can't say for too many of today's efforts. I guess I compare watching classic movies to reading classic novels. There are just some you HAVE to experience!

2 comments:

Lauren said...

So many movies and no time to watch them...

Unknown said...

One word: Netflix.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...