Thursday, April 23, 2009

Thursday Thankfulness

Today is Thursday and you know what that means--time to slow down and count our blessings. So here goes:

Today I am thankful for spring. It's my favorite season. After the long dreary winter, it's so refreshing to see the many different shades of green popping up. Not to mention the flowers everywhere. I live in the south where bulbs and other buds are anxious to raise their heads to the sun. Sometimes they get "bit" by frost, so you might find Darrell and me out covering azaleas and peonies with sheets to keep them protected. Is it just me or are the dogwoods exceptionally beautiful this year? I wish we had our computer up and running so I could show you some pictures. At this point, I even enjoy mowing the yard--I doubt I'm saying that in mid July!

I'm grateful for a healthy body which serves me well even when I abuse it. Yesterday's servings of fruit and vegetables included two bananas and lettuce on my hamburger!

I am thankful for my oldest grandchild Melody who will turn 8 on May 1. She will be baptized on Saturday May 2 at 2pm for those of you who live nearby and want to attend. She has such a sweet spirit.

I am grateful for a loving Heavenly Father whom I love very much and who I know loves me. I'm grateful for my Savior Jesus Christ and his willingness to give of His life that I might live eternally with Him and with my loved ones.

Your turn....


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...