1. National Read a Road Map Day falls on April 5th. Would people say you have a good sense of direction? Do you rely on a GPS when you drive somewhere new? When was the last time you used a map? I do not have a good sense of direction--even using a GPS. We have one in every car! If you travel with me, you can guarantee getting lost at least once. And having to turn around multiple times. Other than Google maps, I haven't used a regular map in years.
2. What's your favorite cookbook? Wait--what? People actually have favorite cookbooks?! Huh! Who woulda thought!
3. What painting would you like to "walk into" and experience? Why? "Bridge of Sighs" because it's of Venice--one of my favorite places on earth and full of memories for me.
4. What annoys you more- misspellings or mispronunciations? Misspellings. When we were dating, my sweet husband was in the Army and stationed about 200 miles away. He would write me lovely letters in which he called me his 'angle'. I married him anyway.
5. What is something your mother or father considered important? Appearances. At. all. costs.
6. Do you like or dislike schedules? I prefer them, though I have problems sticking to them.
7. Let's have some fun with National Poetry Month (that would be April)...write your own ending to this poem-
"Roses are Red
Violets are blue..."
Incidentally if you'd like to read the history behind that little ditty you'll find it here.
"Roses are Red, Violets are blue,
if I prefer chocolate, what's it to you?"
8. Insert your own random thought in this space. I washed the sheets on the guest bed after the kids left at Christmas. No one has slept on them since. We are expecting guests this weekend. Is it bad that I just sprayed the sheets with Febreeze instead of washing them?