Tuesday, March 24, 2009

A Great Weekend--and a New Toy

This past weekend, some very dear friends came to visit for a long weekend. Chris and Kara had never been to Tennessee before and we were anxious to show them a good time. They arrived on Thursday evening and we had a delicious meal at our favorite Mexican restaurant Manzanillo.

Friday we slept late (well, Kara did!), then we spent the afternoon at Ft. Donelson, a Civil War site near our home. On the way, we treated them to barbeque sandwiches from the gas station on Hwy 12. Sounds strange, I know, but they have the best barbeque in town! We ate at the picnic tables outside the gas station. After an afternoon of walking and site seeing, we stopped for dipped ice cream cones, then ordered pizza and wings for dinner.

The inside of the cabin below.

This is a little cabin troops stayed in.



Saturday was spent at Shopryland (aka Opry Mills). We had a great time shopping and people watching, then had a wonderful dinner at Tony Roma's (they have desserts to die for!). Does eating seem to be a thread in all our activities or is it just me? We went to the Grand Ole Opry, where we saw Vince Gill, Dierks Bentley, Kelly Pickler, among others.





Sunday, we finally let them rest and relax. We watched Oh, Brother, Where Art Thou--one of the dumbest movies ever made, though it is funny at times. Chris had never heard of the movie and kept asking if it had really been shown in the theater and if people really paid money to go watch it! They left for home on Monday morning and we were sorry to see them go. Usually I am ready to get my house back, but we had so much fun together that I hated to see it end.

Can you guess what my new toy is?

5 comments:

6L's said...

yay, you got a new camera!!!!

Eric and Rozanne said...

Great pics! I couldn't figure it out, but I think Laura must be right! I liked all your ideas of places to go and stuff to do. I'm gonna have to try that gas station BBQ.

Sweet Tea said...

Good job with your new toy, Bev. Great photos!...My mouth began watering at the mention of BBQ sandwiches. LUV those!!

6L's said...

oh yes, excel road bbq...absolute best in town!

Kara Yost said...

Wasn't that fun? I was there and I'm not sure what the new toy is unless it is the fabulous camera that took the pictures. It was 17 degrees this morning. I'm going to start walking.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...