I was invited to join in a little fun game this week by the Empty Nester. Thank you! She and I have a lot in common. Like four children who have had the audacity to grow up and go out on their own, leaving us with an empty nest. And we both are married to sweet talking Southern men. Make sure you take some time to pay her a visit! Anyway (not anyways), the game goes like this: I have to list 5 things about myself, BUT only ONE of them is to be TRUE. Then I pass it on to five other bloggers. Here we go:
1. Not long after Darrell and I were married, we visited Washington, DC. While sightseeing around the Smithsonian, I was initiated by a pigeon. In other words, my navy blue shirt was marked with a long white streak down the back.
2. While riding the bus home in high school, I spotted a large spider near my foot. I screamed, jumped up, and hit my head on the top of bus. Result: about 7 stitches.
3. When I was about 3, my 4-year-old brother and I got mad about something and decided we would run away from home. We started off down the street, but didn't get very far before we turned around to see our grandmother coming after us. With a switch! We made a beeline back to the house--for all the good it did us!
4. While vacationing in Gatlinburg, Darrell and I decided to try out the large jacuzzi tub in the corner of the room. And bubbles seemed like a good idea, too. What to use? Hmmm, here's the little bottle of shampoo--let's use that. It's not making much suds--pour the whole thing in. Now turn on the jets. Turn them off! Turn them off!
5. In high school, I was voted Biggest Flirt. Thought it was cool at the time, but now I'm not so sure just what that said about me....
Okay, I'm supposed to pass this award on to 5 other bloggers. But I'm breaking the rules--I'm such a rebel--and asking anyone who reads this to play along. C'mon! It's fun!