1. Would you rather be seen as a person who did their duty or forged their own path?
Forging my own path as I do my duty. To me, they seem inseparable. I certainly don't want to be seen as a lemming--someone without a brain in her head who can't think for herself.
2. This week's Wednesday Hodgepodge happens to fall on Groundhog's Day. In keeping with that theme, if you could have a do-over of any one day out of the last seven, which day would it be and why. If you haven't seen the movie Groundhog Day this question will make absolutely no sense but that's okay....you can answer anyway. You thought my question was going to be weather related didn't you?
Hmmmm....honestly can't think of one. Maybe last Thursday when I went to Dillard's and didn't take as much advantage of their 30% off all clearance sale as I should have.
3. Hot cocoa...yay or nay on the marshmallows?
Definitely yes! Have you seen those giant marshmallows they sell at Walmart? They're like 3" square!
4. Do you wear makeup every day? What are the top two must haves in your daily makeup routine?
Absolutely! It's like my Amer Express card--I don't leave home without it. Only 2 must haves? Lip gloss and an eyelash curler. Though usually I go with the full routine--even if I'm staying home. I don't work outside the home, but of course my husband does. He's been seeing made up, well dressed women all day. I certainly don't want him to come home to a wife who's still in sweats with unwashed hair. Paraphrasing Cheap Trick: "I want him to want ME!"
5. Is it more important to you in a relationship to be loved or understood?
Loved. Because then they'll try to understand you. Even if they're unsuccessful, they'll still love you.
6. Parsley sage rosemary or thyme... your favorite?
To be totally honest, I don't cook much and really don't know what any of these do. I have seen rosemary trees and they smell divine--so guess I'll choose that.
7. What do you do when you feel angry?
Rant. Rave. Eat. Cry. Sulk. Anything that won't actually help the situation and might possibly make it worse. Then I'll have to apologize, which I thoroughly dislike doing!
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I understand about the beam and mote, but don't you sometimes just wish you could snatch a person up and smack some sense into them? When they're doing something so obviously damaging to a precious relationship and poisoning other relationships in the process? When they're burning bridges they may not be able to rebuild? I don't even know this person. Never met her and don't want to. But she's hurting a dear friend of mine. And that mother bear instinct that is usually reserved for my husband and children is rearing its head. My friend has done nothing to deserve the treatment she's received. I want to take away that pain. I want to make the offender realize what she's doing. All I can really do is pray, listen, hug, and cry. I hope it's enough.