1. Have you ever been to the US capital-Washington DC? If so, what's your favorite site? If not, what would you most like to see on a visit to that city someday in the future? Is it even on your list of places to visit? I've been fortunate in that I've visited several times. It's hard to pick a favorite, but I'll say the Washington Monument. I get goose bumps every time I see it.
2. When did you last attend a wedding? Are there any weddings on your summer calendar? Were you a summer bride? If you're single, is summer the season of your dream wedding? We don't attend many weddings. The last one I remember attending was my son's in August 2009. There's one coming up in July, but it's across the country, so don't think we'll get there. I was a spring bride--early April (35 years ago now).
3. What is your favorite way to eat strawberries? My friend makes an awesome strawberry shortcake. I could eat the whole thing by myself--and have tried on several occasions! It involves strawberries (of course), Cool Whip, torn up angel food cake, strawberry glaze, vanilla pudding....
4. What is one thing you are especially looking forward to this summer? Visiting my birth mother in WV! I've not been to her house since I was a little girl and she lived in Ohio. I'll also get to see a half-brother and half-sister I haven't seen in almost 40 years! And meet their families.
5. Do you use/like the self checker at the grocery store? No! I'll shop for the groceries, pay for the groceries, and put away the groceries. But I refuse to check the groceries! It's bad enough I have to practically bag them myself. Anyone remember the good old days when your food was placed into paper sacks and a nice young man brought them to your car and loaded them into your trunk?
7. Barefoot, flip flops, tennis shoes, sassy sandals-your first choice for summertime? Sassy sandals for sure!
8. Insert your own random thought here. My heartfelt gratitude to the men and women who serve our country in the military. I truly appreciate their willingness to put themselves in harm's way and fight for the freedoms we enjoy every day. And I also want to thank those who wait at home--the spouses, children, parents, siblings, friends. They too sacrifice way more than we realize.