Thursday, October 13, 2011

Red Letter Day!

Today is my Red Letter Day!
First, because this little guy turns eight years old!


Happy birthday, E!  Wish I could be there.

AND....

Today is a Red Letter Day for me

because

I am officially

post-menopausal!!





It was one year ago today that my old friend Fred made his final appearance. Let us bow our heads in a moment of silence for him. 

Now, dear readers, lest you think I'm old, 
remember that 50 is the new 30.  
So I'm actually just hitting my prime!

5 comments:

Empty Nester said...

Happy Birthday to E!

I have always heard that once our periods stopped for one year, that makes us post menopausal. However, mine restarted after 13 months and came every other month for a year and now comes once every three to six months. What the heck does that make me?! Besides weird that is. LOL

Unknown said...

Oh, girl, hush your mouth! I don't even want to think about that happening!!

Connie said...

This is a time for celebration my friend. You are now in my PM club where cramps, bloating,buying sanitary items and mood swings are a thing of the past. YAY!!! That is one good thing about being over 50,,,hmmm the new thirty. I like that!

Donna @ The House on the Corner said...

Oh how I envy you!!!

I've always thought there should be some kind of pill to take when we KNOW we're all done with having babies and we could just shut that thing off!!

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

Well, if 60 is the new 40, then 50 must be the new 30, right? ha!

I can't remember when I become officially post-menopausal ... it was a day of rejoicing here, too. ;-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...