1. Have you ever been 'asked' to report for jury duty? Were you chosen to serve? If not, were you happy or disappointed? Only once--and I was chosen as an alternate. It was a murder trial--3 days of being sequestered. Three days of eating out every meal, sleeping in a hotel, not having to work. Believe it or not, I enjoyed it--well, all but the sitting in court all day part. As they were assigning hotel rooms on the first day, I quickly surmised there was an odd number of women and worked it out so that I got a room to myself. I had 4 teenagers at home, so this wound up being a mini-vacation for me.
2. On a scale of 1-10 (with 10 being very), how mechanically inclined are you? Give an example to back up your answer. Probably only about a 4 or 5--and my field of expertise is vacuum cleaners. Necessity is the mother of invention and we inherited an old vacuum of my cousin's when we got married. We couldn't afford to buy a new one, so when the old one acted up, I just went to work on it.
3. Beets-cabbage-cauliflower-butternut squash....of the four, which is your favorite fall vegetable? To look at? Beets because of the beautiful color. To grow? Cabbage--well, the decorative stuff anyway. To eat? NONE!
4. What do you recommend to overcome self-pity? Retail therapy!
5. Do you enjoy classical music? Sometimes, though not for long periods of time.
6. October is National Book Month...what's on your reading list this month? Wow! What's not? I've got several books on the agenda right now. I tend to read more than one book at a time.
7. What is your idea of 'cute'? Babies and little children. Especially the ones related to me.
8. Insert your own random thought here. Tomorrow is a Red Letter Day for more reasons than one. Check back to see why!