Wednesday, October 26, 2011
1. What gives you goosebumps? Many things-- but the top honor goes to a kiss from my hubby!
2. Halloween-are you a lover or a hater? Okay, that sounds harsh...Halloween-yay or nay? It's never been my favorite holiday, even as a kid. I love to see little children dressed up and I love candy--especially chocolate--and free is always best! However, I don't like big kids who haven't even tried to put on a costume begging at my door. I'm also not big on decorating for Halloween.
4. Apples or oranges? Yes, you have to choose. Apples, hands down. There's not much you can do to an apple that I don't like. Except make it into cider. Or butter. That's just wrong on all counts.
5. What is something you wish was in your town? (shop, restaurant, attraction, etc) While Ross or Marshall's would be at the top of my list, a water park would be awesome for the kids.
6. What non-food item is in your refrigerator or freezer? All I can think of is a cold pack for owies.
7. Are you at all superstitious? At first, I was going to say just a little, but the more I thought about it, I guess the answer is yes.
8. Insert your own random thought here. I have been a good little girl so far this holiday season. Not only have I cut down on the Dew (I confess, I have been drinking them again--but only occasionally), I have only had one very small bag of those yummy pumpkins! Now if I can keep this up through Thanksgiving and Christmas...
Monday, October 24, 2011
1. My favorite kind of animal is stuffed! No muss, no fuss, no feeding, no cleaning.
2. Do you like your handwriting? Very much
3. What is the last movie you saw? At the movies? Bad Teacher--at the insistence of some friends. One word--DON'T! I don't understand Cameron Diaz at all. She is beautiful and classy looking, yet she chooses the worst movies to be in. What a waste of talent! And her foul mouth should be washed out with bleach! Forget the soap!
4. Do you buy things on eBay? Not so much now that I've discovered craigslist
5. What did you have for lunch yesterday? Some delicious vegetable soup made by my hubby! Perfect for a chilly fall day.
Saturday, October 22, 2011
Friday, October 21, 2011
Please join in the fun and get to know your fellow bloggers!!
The RULES to join in are very simple!
1. Grab the button
2. Add your link to the list
3. Visit as many other blogs as you can
4. Follow the ones you like (and comment on their blog to say that you are following)
Monday, October 17, 2011
Every Sunday Never Growing Old will post five get to know you questions that you can copy and paste into your own Monday post and we can all learn a little more about each and every one of us!!
Java will add a linky so we can follow who participates and get to know them better!! Be sure to link the POST and not just your whole blog!!
1. The thing that scares me the most is the possibility of losing my husband, one of my children or grandchildren. Been there, done that, hope to not have to do it again.
2. Do you like nuts in your Chocolate Chip cookies? NO!
3. If you couldn't change the channel, what tv show would drive you from the room? Any of those "news" shows where the people talk all over each other and nothing really gets said--Hannity, Glenn Beck, etc. Even if I agree with them, I can't stand listening to all that noise.
4. Pulp or no pulp in your Orange Juice? I can do some pulp, but don't want a lot.
5. Who do you miss the most? Living: my grandchildren Melody and Elias. They live with their father and step-mother in Washington state. Haven't seen them since May and it breaks my heart. For a long time, they lived within 5 miles, then they moved to GA, but were still within driving distance. Not so anymore. In heaven: my daughter Shana.
Saturday, October 15, 2011
Friday, October 14, 2011
While I readily admit I've been a lazy
slacker blogger lately, I do have a few good reasons. Not the least of which involve these guys---
I've been busy with yard sales, flea markets, and projects--lots and lots of projects. Mind if I share a few?
It now looks like this:
Found this cool little "trading post" outside Nashville--I'll blog about that later--it's a post in itself. I got this handmade table for $10. Used Restore-A-Finish on it and it got snapped up quickly at my booth.
Another $10 table that benefited from R-A-F. Also sold!
This table was also $10. Notice a trend here? It's the largest in a set of three nesting tables. Mid-century resin and stamped Florence Italy on the bottom. The legs need some attention, but will be going to my booth next week.
Vanity/desk/sofa table? You decide. Guess how much? Yep, $10. I had thought I'd strip the top and stain it, then paint the bottom. After much sanding, what did I find? Not real wood, that's for sure. Still plan on painting the bottom black and using some old sheet music to decoupage the top. Speaking of the sheet music--I got a huge boxful for $40. Some of the same pieces are selling on eBay for $5-$15!
And that's just the tip of the iceberg. Some things I was too anxious to get started on and forgot to take before pictures. Am I forgiven for being so lax in posting lately?
Thursday, October 13, 2011
Today is my Red Letter Day!
First, because this little guy turns eight years old!
Happy birthday, E! Wish I could be there.
Today is a Red Letter Day for me
I am officially
It was one year ago today that my old friend Fred made his final appearance. Let us bow our heads in a moment of silence for him.
Now, dear readers, lest you think I'm old,
remember that 50 is the new 30.
So I'm actually just hitting my prime!
Wednesday, October 12, 2011
1. Have you ever been 'asked' to report for jury duty? Were you chosen to serve? If not, were you happy or disappointed? Only once--and I was chosen as an alternate. It was a murder trial--3 days of being sequestered. Three days of eating out every meal, sleeping in a hotel, not having to work. Believe it or not, I enjoyed it--well, all but the sitting in court all day part. As they were assigning hotel rooms on the first day, I quickly surmised there was an odd number of women and worked it out so that I got a room to myself. I had 4 teenagers at home, so this wound up being a mini-vacation for me.
2. On a scale of 1-10 (with 10 being very), how mechanically inclined are you? Give an example to back up your answer. Probably only about a 4 or 5--and my field of expertise is vacuum cleaners. Necessity is the mother of invention and we inherited an old vacuum of my cousin's when we got married. We couldn't afford to buy a new one, so when the old one acted up, I just went to work on it.
3. Beets-cabbage-cauliflower-butternut squash....of the four, which is your favorite fall vegetable? To look at? Beets because of the beautiful color. To grow? Cabbage--well, the decorative stuff anyway. To eat? NONE!
4. What do you recommend to overcome self-pity? Retail therapy!
5. Do you enjoy classical music? Sometimes, though not for long periods of time.
6. October is National Book Month...what's on your reading list this month? Wow! What's not? I've got several books on the agenda right now. I tend to read more than one book at a time.
7. What is your idea of 'cute'? Babies and little children. Especially the ones related to me.
8. Insert your own random thought here. Tomorrow is a Red Letter Day for more reasons than one. Check back to see why!
Monday, October 10, 2011
1. The best part of waking up each day is the promise of a brand new day and lots of things to do.
2. How old would you be if you didn’t know how old you are? Inside I still feel 17. Sometimes I look in the mirror and wonder who in the world that old lady is.
3. Red or Green Apples? Red! Don't like green apples at all!
4. Do you forgive easily? Not usually, but it depends on the person and the situation.
5. If you could live in any home on a television series, which would it be? Dallas...Dynasty...no, wait...The Jetsons!