Sunday, December 14, 2008

Quick and Easy Recipe

I know. I hope you were sitting down when you saw I was posting a recipe. I don't like to cook or spend much time in the kitchen, so I'm always on the lookout for fast, simple things to make. Quick and easy are words I look for in cookbooks. Since this is a busy time of year, I thought I'd share some of my favorites with you and therefore make your life easier. I'll try to make a link on the side so you can find these recipes, if you are so inclined.

EASY MEXICALI CHICKEN

1 1/2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breast
2 tbsp oil
4 ounces shredded cheese blend
1/2 cup salsa (mild, medium, hot--your call)

Pound the chicken breasts to 1/2 inch thick and divide into portions, if needed. Place a large, heavy skillet over med-high heat, add the oil, and saute the chicken breasts for about 5 min, or till the bottom is golden. Turn, and saute for another 3-4 min. Top the chicken with the cheese, turn the heat down to med-low, cover the skillet, and let the whole thing cook for another 3-4 min, or till the cheese is melted.

While the cheese is melting, nuke the salsa in the microwave for a minute at half power.

Remove the chicken to serving plates, top with the salsa, and serve. Add sour cream if desired or maybe some fresh chopped cilantro.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...