Friday, May 15, 2009

Riverdance!

Before I head out the door this morning to hit some nearby yard sales, I wanted to share with you the events of last night. My husband surprised me with a late birthday gift! Tickets to Riverdance!! I have always been fascinated by the dancing and music and wanted to see the show, but until last night didn't think Darrell would go. Well, butter my butt and call me a biscuit if he didn't score tickets! We went with some old and dear friends and had an absolute blast--even if we didn't get home till after 11 (and my usual bedtime is about 9). It was worth it!

Of course, I couldn't take pictures, but I found these online--



Countess Cathleen celebrates the power of women--oh, yeah!


Firedance--representing sun and passion


Riverdance--seven minutes--I don't know how they do it!


Heal Their Hearts/Freedom--man, could this guy sing! And he was huge!



Trading Taps--American tappers face off with Irish dancers--my favorite part!



Slow air/Tunes--fiddle and bodhran--a time for all of us to catch our breath



Heartland--finale--amazing and beautiful!



If you get the chance, see it! You will be delighted! We also had a wonderful dinner at Whaler's--got to eat outside on the turret (I'm sure that's not what they call it). Pork tenderloin marinaded overnight, then grilled. Yummmm. Wish I had some right now!

Have a good Friday, girls. Hope to be back later with some great yard sale finds! What're you gonna be doing today??

3 comments:

6L's said...

aww, so sweet! how fun!!

taking kids to school, running errands w/leila, working out at the gym, going swimming, taking kids to a bday party, then working! have a great day! :)

elaine said...

I'm so jealous, I LOVE Riverdance and would love to go see them irl! Today I'll stay close to home since I have been sick. I do need to haul the garbage though. Everyone should have such a fun day planned, huh?

lagirl said...

Hi Biscuit!
LOL
In my dreams I AM a Riverdancer. How do they do that? And so fast?
Kuddos to Darrell for the fun evening!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...