Monday, May 11, 2009

Rubbish Can Redo

Rubbish sounds so much nicer than trash or garbage, doesn't it? Maybe it's just me. Here's my latest spray paint project. I didn't have a picture of my kitchen trash can--for some reason, it never occurred to me to photograph it. Of course, after the fact, I was wishing I had. I never seem to remember to take a "before" pic. You'd think I'd learn! This is a stock photo from Walmart of the garbage can that has graced my kitchen for the past three years. Once we redid the kitchen, the glaring red didn't quite go with the rest of the decor. I had been looking to replace said can, when I came upon several blogs whose main goal in life is to educate us on the wonders and beauty of spray paint. Did you feel the glow when that huge light bulb went off over my head??


Again, off to Wally World. I used Rust-Oleum Hammered in copper for the body and Dupli-Color Textured Metallic in graphite for the lid and base. I think it turned out beautifully! Matches so much better! One tip (which may be a given to those of you who aren't as impatient as I am) is to let the one color cure completely before trying to paint the other color.


4 comments:

Eric and Rozanne said...

Wow! Who would have known that a garbage can could make such a difference. Go Bev! I love it when I can use a little spray paint to fix something up.

Traylor Family said...

I'm impressed. Oh my gosh that is gorgeous!!!!!!!! When we move in a few months and I have the 'nesting' itch to change things up I'm calling you!

I'm trying to decide on what color to paint our pine changing table to go in the babies room with a cherry finish crib and green, white and brown bedding.

lagirl said...

Perfect!
You get a GOLD STAR for excellence. Does Darrel know how much $$ you saved him?

BTW, I tried to post on your last Blog post and was told that only "team members" could post. Boo Hoo!

Anonymous said...

it looks fabulous. way to "reuse" and do your part for the environment. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...