1. Do you like your name? Were you named after someone? If you have children how did you settle on their names? I love my name! I was 9 before I knew another Beverly. That suited me just fine. You rarely come across someone named Beverly. My middle name is after my maternal grandmother--someone I love dearly. Our oldest daughter's name I found in a book when I was in 9th grade. Decided on it then and hubby never even got a choice. Daughter 2's name we picked out and then changed a couple of hours before she was born. Her name is Holly and she was born in December. Maybe it was the pain that made me do it. Daughter 3's name came out of desperation. We knew what we wanted her middle name to be and had to pick something that went well with that name. I used to watch the credits after movies and TV shows trying to find something. Finally decided on Lauren (hubby loves Lauren Hutton). Son's middle name is Darrell after my husband. First name is Clayton after my FIL. That one was a no brainer.
2. How do you define success? Being content with what you have. Enjoying the here and now and not always wishing and waiting for tomorrow or next week or next year.
3. Wheel of Fortune or Jeopardy? Definitely Jeopardy! That's my favorite show! I will shush you if it's on!
4. If you could own any single object that you don't have now, what would that object be? Land out in the country. It doesn't have to be a lot. Just 5 acres or so. With a single story house. My knees are getting too old for stairs.
5. What is something that inspires you? Music. It can change my mood in an instant. It can bring back memories. It can fill my spirit with joy.
6. Meatloaf-yea or nay? If its a yay how do you make yours? Yes! Don't make it often because Darrell doesn't like it. While in Italy, we had a gas stove and the oven didn't work quite right. Once I made meatloaf that was almost burned on the outside and raw in the middle. Which we didn't discover till we bit into it. That cured him of liking meatloaf.
I also like this meatloaf:
7. Which is more admirable-the ability to organize and be methodical or the ability to adapt and make do? Both have their qualities. But I actually think being able to adapt is better. Life always throws curve balls and those who can adjust are usually better off.
8. Insert your own random thought here. I am tired of cold. I am tired of clouds. I am tired of rain. But at least it's not snow!