Here are the questions for this week's Hodgepodge...thanks for playing along!
1. What would you do if you found a pot of gold? Let's pretend this pot of gold is worth exactly $1500 (which would actually be more like a cup of gold at current values). Anyway, let's also pretend you have to spend it as opposed to making a donation someplace. Now tell me what you would do with that
cup pot of gold? Wow, the things going through my mind....I'd probably check out craigslist for the many items I want around the house--like a rug for my bedroom and an armoir for the den. Or I might call BathFitters and have them do something with my lovely harvest gold tub in the main bathroom. Then again, maybe I'll just have some laser hair removal and permanent makeup done!
2. Do you celebrate St. Patrick's Day in any way, shape, or form? Not like I did when the kids were little or when the grandchildren lived nearby. Now it's just another day. :-(
3. Have you been bitten by the Spring Cleaning bug? What spring cleaning job most needs doing at your house? What spring cleaning job are you most dreading? With each passing year, that bug's bite gets easier to ignore. This year, he hasn't even reared his ugly head yet. We still have those awful storm windows and they desperately need cleaning. We've lived here almost 5 years and some of them have never been cleaned--and it's been at least 3 years for the rest. I just close the curtains.
4. lime-shamrock-sage-forest...your favorite shade of green? I've only lately become a fan of green. My mother loved it and almost every room of our house was green when I was growing up. Still not a fan of what my friend calls "slime green". I do like hunter and sage (sounds like a singing duo).
5. Thomas Jefferson once said, "I'm a great believer in luck, and I find the harder I work, the more I have of it." So...do you believe in luck or do you believe we make our own luck? Since I am probably the unluckiest person in the world, I'll pass on this question.
6. Monday (3/14) was Pi Day. Get it? Pi =3.14. Those math types are so clever aren't they? Since I'm not one of them tell me what's your favorite piE (the edible kind). Apple pie--with chess being a close second.
7. That same date (3/14) happens to be the birthdate of the late physicist Albert Einstein. I bet he knew the value of Pi. So...what do you think is more important and or valuable in life... intelligence or common sense? Common sense. Then you can usually figure things out. There are too many people walking around who have been educated beyond their intelligence.
8. Insert your own random thought here. My 9-year-old granddaughter won first place in the county for a writing contest! Now on to state! Congratulations, Melody!