Here are the questions for this week's Hodgepodge...
1. Sunday was the first day of spring. So they say. Ahem. What is your favorite outdoor springtime activity? Finally being able to get out in the yard and dig in the dirt! Love doing that--especially when the temps are not n the 90s.
2. Who would you want to come into your kitchen to cook dinner for you? Paula Deen! She's a hoot and would be so much fun. Not to mention she doesn't skimp when it comes to butter.
4. What topic puts you to sleep faster than anything? Politics. Or maybe the end of the world.
5. Which flowers do you associate with specific people, places, or events? Tulips remind me of my youngest daughter. Mums make me remember homecoming dances. Lily of the Valley and pink roses were in my wedding bouquet. Forsythia reminds me of my friend Kris because she hates it--the color specifically. Creeping phlox and Sweet Pea vine make me think of my mother. Shall I go on?
6. What significant historical events took place during your elementary school days? Martin Luther King and Robert Kennedy were assassinated. Man walked on the moon. Woodstock. Yep, I'm older than I like to think!
7. Do you swear? Do you pseudo-swear? (You know crap, shoot, friggin'?) Yes to the pseudo. Funny story--one time I used shazbot (which Mork used to use) and my husband was so shocked. He glanced at the children and then said "do you know what that means in German?" ETA: It doesn't mean anything in any language other than the made up one Mork used in Mork and Mindy.
8. Insert your own random thought here. This time next month I'll be surrounded by grandbabies!!