Thank you, Connie at Shady Creek Lane, for sharing this award with me! What a pleasant surprise! Connie and I have so many things in common, we think we may be sisters separated at birth. ;-) She got the creative gene, though. Make sure you check out all her pretties!
These awards always come with a string attached and this one is no exception. Here are the terms for accepting:
1-) Thank and link back to the person who gave you the award...
2-) Share 7 things about yourself...
3-) Award 15 recently discovered great bloggers... and
4-) Contact the blogger and tell them about the award...
Between the hops I've been doing lately and the 100 things about me post, I'm not sure there's much more to tell! But I'll press on--because I know there are some out there whose day is not complete with a bit more trivia about moi.
1. When my oldest granddaughter was about 7 months old, I dropped her. We were sitting in Relief Society at church and my daughter was sitting behind me. When Melody started climbing over my shoulder, I assumed (you know what THAT does) that my daughter was reaching for her. Next thing we knew, Melody was on the floor screaming with blood coming from her mouth. I scooped her up and ran out of the room, my daughter hot on my heels. Don't know which of us was more upset. Melody stopped crying before I did. My other daughter Shana had to drive me home.
2. Years ago, we only had one car and it was a stick shift. I cannot drive a manual, but was home alone with four little kids and determined that I would learn. Every morning, I'd put our oldest on the school bus, pile the 3 little ones in the van and drive up and down our country road trying to teach myself. Needless to say, I still can't drive a stick.
3. I cannot sing. I love to sing and can remember the words to lots of songs. I'd be great on that show "Don't Forget the Lyrics". Unfortunately, I can't carry a tune in a bucket.
4. I don't like to talk on the phone. Guess I spent so much time on it when I was in high school, that I used up my allotted minutes.
5. Similarly, I love to sleep. In high school, I rarely got more than 5 hrs a night. Now I can easily sleep 9--and take a nap!
6. I would like to own a used bookstore. Or a nursery (plants, not kids).
7. I like to write little notes to people. Real snail mail type notes on pretty cards. Getting something in the mail besides bills is always fun and I like to think I bring a smile to someone's face.
Wow! That was hard. Don't want to tell you how long it took. I'm supposed to pass this along to 15 new bloggers. But I'm going to break the rules and award it to anyone who reads this. (And Connie thought SHE was a slacker!)