Monday, March 14, 2011

Meet Me On Monday



Welcome to the 38th edition of 
"Meet Me On Monday!"
 
1.  Do you have a fireplace in your home?
We do--it is gas and sooo much easier to use (not to mention cleaner) than wood.  All we have to do is click the remote and we have fire!  So easy a caveman could do it!
 
 

2.  Can you drive a stick shift?
Nope.  Though I have tried to learn several times.  I've even burned rubber in first gear!  Apparently, that thing about women being able to multitask isn't always true--at least, for this woman!
 

3.  How many computers are in your home?
Two desktops and a netbook.  I couldn't love that netbook more if it was red.  Ooohh, but if it was red, that would be awesome!
 


4.  Are your taxes done yet?  Do you do them yourself?
Did my husband tell you to ask this question?  We used to do our own taxes, even with our home-based business.  It was not pretty or fun.  Numbers are not my friends, but it was my job to get everything together and help Darrell plug them into the right boxes.  Our marriage survived--scarred, but intact.  A few years ago, we decided it was too much for us and our mental health was more important (not to mention said marriage).  Now we visit an accountant.  Cue the angels singing....ahhhhh.  
 

5.  What is your favorite meal of the day? 
The one someone else cooks and cleans up!
 
 


10 comments:

Empty Nester said...

"The one someone else cooks and cleans up" LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Erika said...

Funny, when I was talking with my mom about the possibility of moving, we discussed ideas of places and vetoed them because I wouldn't have my own kitchen!

Mary said...

Numbers don't mean a thing to me, so either CH does the taxes or H&R Block!
Love your answer to #5!

Jessica McCoy said...

Love #5! I'm the cook in the house but I dream of meals that I can eat without cooking, cleaning, or paying for. My hubs only cooks when I'm very sick.

Donna @ The House on the Corner said...

Love the bumper sticker!!! That's absolutely the case when I "attempt" to drive a standard transmission!

I'm with you on #5 - Honeybunny will offer to cook dinner and ask me what I want and I can't seem to convince him that anything he's willing to cook is peachy keen with me!

Anna said...

Hi!

I'm your newest follower from the Boost your Blog hop. I love your blog layout. Look forward to future posts!

Feel free to check out my blog here: http://inadaze13.blogspot.com/

6L's said...

love the bumper sticker, lol.

Jo-anne Blossy said...

I love it when someone else cooks & when I don't have to clean up. Sad to say that doesn't happen very often.

Hilary said...

Hi! I am visiting from meet me on Monday- although a little late...

I have a fireplace and I love it. Although I am a CPA I don’t do my taxes, but I do friends and family’s returns

I host a weekly “fill in” blog hop – every Friday…. If you can, please check it out… http://wwwfeelingbeachie.blogspot.com/

Colie's Kitchen said...

Hi this is Nicole from Colie’s Kitchen I just discovered your blog and wanted to drop by and say hi. I am now a new follower. I would love to have you stop by Colie’s Kitchen if you get a chance. www.colieskitchen.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...