1. The season of Lent begins on March 9th this year...do you participate and if so, in what way? Aren't you supposed to give up something you really like for Lent? If that's the case, then, no, I don't participate.
2. Traditionally pancakes are eaten on the day known as Shrove Tuesday which is the last day before Lent (March 8th this year). So....butter and syrup? Blueberry? Chocolate chip? ewww, no thanks!! What's your pleasure when it comes to eating pancakes? When I was younger, I liked a little pancake with my syrup. Now I like plain old pancakes with plain old syrup. No flavors, no chocolate chips (ewww), no hot syrup. Just good old Mrs. Butterworth!
3. Spring is coming. (It is coming, right?) What's your favorite springtime flower and do you suffer from seasonal allergies? Two questions I know, but they're lightweights. I love buttercups and forsythia, because they are usually the first brave souls to show their pretty heads. That spot of yellow lets me know spring is indeed right around the corner. As for allergies, I'm fortunate not to have them, though I do get sinus infections more and more often these days.
4. "Our opinion of people depends less upon what we see in them than upon what they make us see in ourselves." Author unknown. Agree or Disagree? Why? I agree. I've read that what we don't like in other people is actually something we don't like in ourselves, but don't acknowledge. So when you come across someone who does something that irritates you, take a good look in the mirror.
5. Since it's "March" and also the season of Mardi Gras....have you ever been in a parade? What's the best parade you've seen? I was a Homecoming Sweetheart in high school and got to ride in the Homecoming parade. The best parade I've seen was a couple of years ago when I took two of my grandchildren to our local Christmas parade. It was the first they were big enough to enjoy and enjoy they did! It was great to watch.
6. You would jump up and down and shout for joy right now if someone told you___________? You won the lottery! Since I don't buy tickets, that's highly unlikely. I'd also jump up and down if my son-in-law got a job nearby and three of my grandchildren lived here!
7. How clean is your car on the outside? Inside? Is there junk in your trunk? Outside is clean because I washed it just the other day. Inside doesn't get cleaned as often. It could use a good vacuuming and wiping down. As for the trunk, I'm still carrying Christmas flowers and decorations around from when I changed out the flowers on my daughter's grave.
8. Insert your own random thought here. I'm hosting a giveaway this week and hope you'll stop by and enter! You've got till 8am CST on Friday March 11. Here's a hint of what you can win: