Monday, November 10, 2008

Appreciation

Last year we bought a hot tub--a used, older model. It was an adventure getting it up on our deck, but oh so worth it! We are fortunate to have a private deck off our bedroom and that's where we put the hot tub. On chilly nights like tonight, sitting in that hot water is heaven itself. Tonight the moon was almost full and the sky was cloudy. Just beautiful. Other times the sky is clear and the stars seem so close. We watch airplanes going in all directions--you can tell the ones taking off and landing in Nashville.

Darrell and I have some of our best conversations in the hot tub. Maybe it's the darkness that helps us open up to each other. Maybe it's the relaxation of the water. Whatever it is, I love it. Don't know how I made it all these years without a hot tub! That's what I'm grateful for today.

3 comments:

Lauren said...

I think that I might be jealous.

Holly said...

I don't think I am jealous like Lauren I know I am. I used to have a friend that we would go hang out at her house after our children were asleep and we would sit and talk. It was great to end the long day with some girl relaxing time.

liz said...

Ok, ok, the next time you guys take off to use the cabin we are coming in to use the tub! Do you even use the sauna anymore? I know you two...ever moment is a romantic invitation...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...