Sunday, November 30, 2008

Goodbye, Aunt Lois


The world lost a wonderful woman yesterday and heaven gained a special angel. For the 32+ years, Darrell and I have been married, I have admired a woman in our ward named Lois Wheeler. Maybe 5 feet tall and 100 lbs if she's lucky. But one of the greatest examples of love, compassion, devotion, and generosity all rolled into one. I was fortunate to be one of those she "adopted" into her family and I often received of her love. She was beautiful inside and out.

Some called her Sister Wheeler, but we have several of those in our ward. Some who had known her long enough called her Lois. Her children called her Mama and the grandchildren called her Nin. I feel blessed that I could call her Aunt Lois. She truly made me feel part of the family. And then our youngest daughter married one of Aunt Lois' grandsons! Now we were official!

I can just imagine the reunion between Aunt Lois and her beloved husband. I'm sure there were many waiting to greet her and welcome her to heaven. And I can bet that Shana was waiting in that line, as well. What a marvelous blessing to know we will be reunited with loved ones again. I heard someone say not long ago that those we've lost are just around the corner. We can't see them, but we know they're there. Just around the corner. And before we know it, we'll go around that corner and what a wonderful reunion we'll have!

So maybe I won't say good bye to Aunt Lois. Maybe just "see you later".


2 comments:

The Wheelers said...

death is never a fun thing, but when i was talking to russ about it i am happy that nin is not in anymore pain and, like you said, can be reunited with all her loved ones.

Darrell said...

I don't blog but I loved aunt Lois like she was my own mother. I remember so many times when I would set and talk to her while she was in the kitchen, preparing food for everyone. I would sneek a bite. She would just smile. She has always been an inspiration to me. I will miss her dearly. But how happy I am for her. She is With Bishop Wheeler (Ray) again. and this time for eternity. I love you aunt Lois

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...