Tuesday, November 25, 2008

I Have a Little Sister

And today is her birthday. Happy Birthday, Sharon! Most of you may not find this significant, unless you know how I grew up. Sharon is my half-sister and we did not grow up together. We did see each other occasionally, but if I remember right, I saw her in 1972, then not again until 2006. Since that time, we've become great friends. We email and talk on the phone (though not enough and that's usually my fault). She lives in South Carolina and works full-time, so we don't visit as often as either of us would like.

But just knowing I have a little sister out there who loves me is enough for now. Being able to say that is a wonder to me. And probably always will be.

I love you, lil sis!

1 comment:

Sharon said...

Thanks for being my sister. I want to also thank you for allowing me to be a part of your life. I hope you know how much you mean to me.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...