Sunday, November 23, 2008

Relief Society

I am grateful for Relief Society, the women's organization of our church. I have always loved Relief Society and am thankful to be a part of it. It's been my privilege to serve as a teacher and a member of the local presidency on occasion. But I especially love sitting in our classes on Sunday and being taught by women who share my beliefs, values, and love of the Savior. We have a different sister teach each Sunday, so we get a wide variety of viewpoints and teaching methods. It's a wonderful opportunity! Right now, the fourth Sunday of each month is taught by a young (early 30s) sister named Amy. Amy amazes me with her wit, her honesty, and her insights. Her lessons are my favorites. I appreciate her preparation, since she has four small children at home. I'm sure it's not easy for her and I want her to know how much her efforts are appreciated by at least one member of the class.

3 comments:

Holly said...

I so miss Relief Society. There are some times that I just want to say I don't want to teach Primary anymore but I will stay put for a while. I learn a lot from my 8 year olds and have grown to love them. Granted some of them don't make it easy to do so. I have learned so much from the Book of Mormon this year. it is so different when you have to teach them other than just read them and then try to decide how o present the material. I know you know how that goes. I miss Sunday School too.

Lauren said...

Sunday School I can do without, but I love Relief Society too. I was very relieved (as bad as that is) to have a calling in the RS and not be closeted away in Primary.

6L's said...

I LOVE Amy too! Great teacher and a great person! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...