Thursday, November 6, 2008

I am thankful....

I'll try to make this shorter than the last two!

I am thankful to live in a part of the world that actually has seasons. As I was thanking the Lord the other day for autumn and all its beauty, I realized that there is something special about each season. I love fall when the air is clear and crisp, the leaves are turning beautiful colors, and the sweaters come out. I love how blue the sky is. I even love watching all the birds flying south. I love smelling vegetable soup or chili cooking on the stove. I love racing to the hot tub to get in the hot water. Sitting there all warm and watching the steam rise, all the while surrounded by cooler air is wonderful.

Winter is lovely in its own way. The busyness of the holidays. The outline of bare tree limbs against a sky so blue it hurts your eyes. We don't get much snow, but when we do, the whiteness covers everything and makes something spectacular out of the most mundane. I even love the ice storms we get. It sparkles like diamonds--and you all know how I like jewelry!

Spring is probably my favorite season. Watching what I call the rebirth of the earth is one of my favorite things. The world seems to be coming to life again with the trees budding and the grass turning green. I love how vivid the flowers seem. I love hearing the birds and watching them build nests. I love the fluffy white clouds. I even like the rain--as long as it doesn't last too long--because I know it means my flowers will grow even faster.

Summer may be hot and humid here, but I even like that. Getting hot and sweaty makes a cool shower all the better. Big fluffy clouds in a Carolina blue sky. The smell of fresh cut grass. Flowers blooming in abundance.

How can anyone experience these things and not believe in God? I just don't get it. I am thankful for a beautiful world to live in and enjoy each and every day.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...