Thursday, August 4, 2011

30 Days of Truth....

So I saw this idea on Nama Halacy's Comfy Cottage and thought it would be a very interesting thing to try. I have to admit I am a little bit afraid. Some of the questions will be uncomfortable. At the same time I think it will be a lot cathartic. So starting today I will begin my-


Day 01 → Something you hate about yourself.
Day 02 → Something you love about yourself.
Day 03 → Something you have to forgive yourself for.
Day 04 → Something you have to forgive someone for.
Day 05 → Something you hope to do in your life.
Day 06 → Something you hope you never have to do.
Day 07 → Someone who has made your life worth living for.
Day 08 → Someone who made your life hell, or treated you like dirt.
Day 09 → Someone you didn’t want to let go, but just drifted.
Day 10 → Someone you need to let go, or wish you didn’t know.
Day 11 → Something people seem to compliment you the most on.
Day 12 → Something you never get compliments on.
Day 13 → A band or artist that has gotten you through some tough days. (write a letter.)
Day 14 → A hero that has let you down. (letter)
Day 15 → Something or someone you couldn’t live without, because you’ve tried living without it.
Day 16 → Someone or something you definitely could live without.
Day 17 → A book you’ve read that changed your views on something.
Day 18 → Your views on gay marriage.
Day 19 → What do you think of religion? Or what do you think of politics?
Day 20 → Your views on drugs and alcohol.
Day 21 → (scenario) Your best friend is in a car accident and you two got into a fight an hour before. What do you do?
Day 22 → Something you wish you hadn’t done in your life.
Day 23 → Something you wish you had done in your life.
Day 24 → Make a playlist to someone, and explain why you chose all the songs. (Just post the titles and artists and letter)
Day 25 → The reason you believe you’re still alive today.
Day 26 → Have you ever thought about giving up on life? If so, when and why?
Day 27 → What’s the best thing going for you right now?
Day 28 → What if you were pregnant or got someone pregnant, what would you do?
Day 29 → Something you hope to change about yourself. And why.
Day 30 → A letter to yourself, tell yourself EVERYTHING you love about yourself

I didn't read over all the questions, in case they were too intimidating! LOL  Hope no one gets their feelings hurt during this, but I'll warn you now I'm going to try and be very open and honest.  As my husband likes to say--"it is what it is".


Day One -- something I hate about myself.    I hate that I get so introverted around people.  I get so tongue tied and shy and just can't think of anything to talk about.  Some have told me I seem standoffish and unapproachable.  That's not at all the case!  In fact, the very opposite is true.  If I try to step outside my comfort zone and speak up, I usually wind up being silly out of nervousness.  I admire those who make "working the room" seem effortless!

9 comments:

Sweet Tea said...

I read through the list of questions - you are a BRAVE soul!

I could write ditto for what you wrote today, except that I find I am doing better now as I'm getting "of a certain age".

Thena said...

I can so relate to being introverted. My husband is just the opposite, and he has a hard time understanding why it's so difficult for me.
Soom look easy , I may try it. We will see.

Tami said...

I have gotten the same response from people about being stand-offish. People have told my husband that his wife is "stuck-up" and he assures them, "She's really not. She's just shy." Although, those who get to know me well would never describe me that way. That's what I love about blogging. There are no preconcieved ideas about others based on how they look or walk or dress or whether they stand in the corner or are the life of the party.

I admire your courage at taking on this challenge. There are a few categories in there that would be hard to answer even to myself, let alone on the blog. good luck!

Shellyhectic said...

Silliness is okay, it is fun to be silly and you really are the only one that notices it! Keep trying it does get easier.

Sharon said...

Wish I lived near you we could work on that together. I am just the opposite-talk too much.

6L's said...

i am going to join this with you! i'm not reading all the questions either, bc browsing through, they look a little bit scary!! BUT, i'm doing it for my posterity. :) i look forward to your 30 days!

Connie said...

Oh, this looks like fun. I love these types of challenges. I also love getting to know the people who do them even better.

I totally hear where you are coming from, I get in a big crowd, especially of people I don't know well and do the same thing. But more often than not I end up making an idiot of myself.

momof3girls said...

My mom is shy, & people have usually assumed when first meeting her that she is stuck up, and reserved. Nothing could be further from the truth! I sometimes get nervous but it usually just makes me talk fast- & I mean way fast!

Joyce said...

This is an interesting challenge, soul baring : ) I'll look forward to reading this one.

I try to remind myself that oftentimes people who come across as a bit standoffish are actually shy. Good luck with the challenge!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...