Thursday, August 18, 2011

Halfway There!


Day 15 → Something or someone you couldn’t live without, because you’ve tried living without it.
Okay, I thought about being sappy and saying my husband, but that's a given.  Then I thought about being sarcastic and saying Diet Mt Dew, but I've actually given that up a time or two and survived.  The fact that I went back to it means absolutely nothing.  

So then I got serious and decided on my church.  I have been a member of the church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints since I was 18.  It is not a church for the faint of heart.  It's not just a Sunday morning church.  It's an every day 24/7 commitment that can be a little overwhelming sometimes.   But one of my favorite sayings is:  

I have a firm testimony in the gospel of Jesus Christ.  I believe that Christ lived and taught upon the earth, then was crucified and resurrected, thereby bridging the gap between heaven and earth that we might one day live again with him and our Heavenly Father.  I know there is a God in Heaven who lives and loves me and knows me better than I know myself.  I know my prayers are heard and answered.  I believe there is a living prophet on the earth today who leads and guides us in the way we should go.  I believe the Bible to be the word of God, as well as the Book of Mormon.  I am grateful for this knowledge and for my testimony.  I am indeed thankful for the Lord's love and mercy upon me and pray I can live worthy to be with Him again.



4 comments:

Eric and Rozanne said...

I love that you chose the gospel! It truly is something that I couldn't live without either.

6L's said...

that is a wonderful answer! i, too, could not live without it! i don't think i'll ever try either.

Shellyhectic said...

Perfect answer! I completely agree with you! Having a strong testimony is a blessing everyday!

Connie said...

Ditto, Ditto, Ditto. Love your pure testimony and your willingness to share it with others.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...