Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Day 27--Is It Me Or Is This Taking Longer Than Supposed To?


Day 27 → What’s the best thing going for you right now?   Without a doubt--my marriage.  My husband is the best thing that's ever happened to me.  He fits me to a T.  We've been together for 36 years--married for 35--and the love we have is stronger than ever.  He "gets" me.  There's a line in a Trace Adkins song that I think describes us perfectly...."There was a time when love was a flower, now it's a vine climbing up the tower".  A flower may be pretty, but it's delicate and sometimes fleeting.  A vine is clinging and strong and difficult to uproot.  That's how I think of the love Darrell and I share.


6 comments:

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

What a beautiful tribute to your marriage.

Empty Nester said...

So sweet! Y'all are very blessed to have found one another!

Donna @ The House on the Corner said...

That's an awesome concept - the bloom and blossom of love - but the strength and growth of a vine - that's going to make me smile the rest of the day :-)

Connie said...

I am so glad you have such a wonderful person to lift you up, hold you tight and surround you with love and protection. I hope to one day meet you both.

Eric and Rozanne said...

I love the flower and the vine comparison too! You guys are an awesome couple. So glad that you have each other!

Mama Pike said...

What a lovely tribute to your husband. I too, am so fortunate to have a fantastic husband. We have been married for 34 years, have four children and are expecting grandchild number 6 in a few weeks.

I was so happy that you visited my blog, today. I am looking forward to reading your blog as the weeks go by.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...