Monday, August 8, 2011

Do You See What I See?

Saturday was half price day at Goodwill!  Stopped in there for about 15 minutes before taking Alexander to swim lessons.  Did you know they open at 8?  Me, neither!  Apparently, few others do, because it was almost empty--until time to check out, then everyone decided to do that at once.

Here are a few goodies I found.  I've got some other things that I'll take pictures of as I take them to the flea market.

Do you see a twin headboard?
 I see a chalkboard...

 Do you see a dated gold artichoke?
 I see it updated with glossy white paint.


 Do you see a scuffed wooden bowl?
 
 
I see another project for my Bahama Sea spray paint!


Darrell and I went to my mother's last night and she let us go through her two outbuildings.  Oh, my!  Hot as blue blazes, but the stuff we found!  We're going back next weekend and really do some digging.  She has some things of my grandfather's who died when I was 5.  I am over the moon to think of having some things of his.  He always had $1 and chocolate covered cherries for me.  I still think of him when I see those boxes in the store.  Here's the one thing we brought home.  No sentimental value behind this little bench, so off to the flea it'll go after some cleaning and recovering.




I already have the fabric to do the top, so this piece will be pure profit!


4 comments:

Tami said...

Love the chalkboard idea. Very creative.

Sharon said...

Oh my gosh!!! I can't believe Ruby let you take stuff. Let me know what you got that belonged to her dad.

Connie said...

Boy did you ever SCORE!!! I can't wait to see what you do with some of your new found treasures. Congrats on making a profit with your booth.

6L's said...

i love the chalkboard idea! how fun!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...