Friday, August 12, 2011

Day Nine


Day 09 → Someone you didn’t want to let go, but just drifted.  Happily, I can't think of anyone.  Up until a couple of years ago, I would have said my dear friend Audrey.  We were thick as thieves in middle school, but didn't have many classes together in high school and kind of drifted apart.  Then after graduation, we both married and went our separate ways.  I've wondered often about her over the years--where she was, what she was up to, etc.  When I finally gave in to the lure of Facebook, one of the first things I did was check to see which of my former classmates was listed.  And there she was!  I sent her an email; we met for a four-hour lunch, and the rest is history.  I'm so thankful she is back in my life.  We picked up right where we left off in 9th grade! 

3 comments:

Never Enough Orange said...

4 Hour lunch? That sounds like something Cam or I would do. Hmmm.... I do like that idea, a 4 hour lunch and then its almost time for dinner. Great idea. Genius.

Tami said...

Good for you! We have moved a lot and I have let way too many friends drift away. Kudos to you for finding your childhood friend and reconnecting.

Sweet Tea said...

I love that!
I've been looking for a childhood neighbor but have had no luck finding her on FB...So great that you and your friend have reconnected!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...