Sunday, August 7, 2011

I'm Rich!

Lizzy & The Bee is off and running!  Got my first check this week and netted a whopping $114!  I'm a happy girl!  I'll tell ya--I am having some fun!  My biggest problem is letting go of stuff.  But I'm using Peter Walsh's method--for every "new" thing I bring into the house, two things have to go to the flea market.  Here are a few things I've been working on....

Remember this little napkin holder thingy I put together?


Then painted green....

And finally settled on Bahama Sea blue?
It sold!

Got this sweet little table at a yard sale.  Isn't she gorgeous?  Well, after some dusting and polish, she was!

Love these "chocolate kisses" on the apron!



A beautiful piece of tile and she's good as new!


Another little side table.  Someone had the audacity to stick wood grain contact paper on the top!  Luckily, it came off in one sheet.


I wanted to use Heirloom White, but our local Hobby Lobby sells out quickly.  I finally settled on Stone Gray, then a little distressing and a mocha glaze and voila!  She's gorgeous again!

I got this ice cream chair a while back, used it at my vanity for a time, but decided it wasn't doing it for me.  So it's been sitting in the garden a couple of years.  Since it was green, it didn't show up very well though.  I knew I wanted it to be red, but until Krylon came out with their Dual spray paint line, I kept putting off painting it.  Sanding, priming, etc, etc.  No thanks!  But this paint does the trick in one swoop!  Of course, the blasted humidity we've been having around here made the drying time a little longer, but I can live with that.

Here she is:  The Lady in Red!
This one's a keeper!


I couldn't figure out how to get the seat off--it's the strangest configuration I've ever seen--so I just painted the seat as well!
Oh, and those little flowers?  They may look pitiful, but they self-seeded from last year and I'm just letting them go.  There are more in the front yard that look quite a bit better.  My favorite thing about them--free!

4 comments:

Sweet Tea said...

I love all the before & after photos. You're MAGIC!!
Maybe you could work some magic on ME?!

Empty Nester said...

Oh how I wish I had your eye for these treasures and your talent for restoring them! Well done!

Angie Holden said...

Gorgeous red chair! :) Seems like I have seen that before... :)

Sharon said...

Love it all-teach me oh wise one.

Love the chair!!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...