Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Day 26


Day 26 → Have you ever thought about giving up on life? If so, when and why?   Many, many times.  I've suffered from depression for about as long as I can remember.  Most of the time, it boils down to my perfectionism and not living up to my own expectations.  Disappointment and rejection also factor in.  I've written on here about the abyss I feel myself falling into and how sometimes I fight and do everything I can to prevent it--and other times I just don't have the energy and just let it happen.  Darrell has the power to coax me out of it--once I finally let him in.


4 comments:

Empty Nester said...

I think the last part of this post- "once I finally let him in" is so important. And so difficult. That is the part I have the most difficulty with. Everyone is welcome in---up to a point and then, the big shut out. Still.

Connie said...

I am so sorry that you suffer from time to time with depression. It is a good thing that you recognize it and that you have the support of your husband that understands. It hurts my heart to know that you struggle at times because I see the sassy side in your blog and can't imagine you any other way.

6L's said...

i'm so glad you've never given in to those feelings. i understand about not living up to your own expectations, dissappointment and rejection. it bites! i love you!

Mimi said...

I echo everything that Connie says.
Don't know what else to say..

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...